Sunday, March 19, 2023

A Wealth of Wisdom: Legendary African American Elders Speak, edited by Camille O. Cosby and Renee Poussaint

 


If you need wisdom or guidance, read this book. I believe the elders in this book wanted their words to reach young blacks but anyone could benefit from this advice.

I include some jewels to compel you to read this book:

"Do the best you can with what you've got; be yourself." ~Carmen de Lavallade, dancer, actor, choreographer

"My life got filled with the possibilities, and filled with the challenges to make those possibilities become real." ~Ruby Dee, actress, civil rights activist, writer

"When I decide that I was going to work with the problems of black women, I wanted to make people see them as beautiful, dignified, strong people, instead of, as Ralph Ellison says, invisible." ~Elizabeth Catlett, artist, educator


Thank you to the editors and the elders.

rating: 5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment