Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother's Will to SurviveMaid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother's Will to Survive by Stephanie  Land

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I am deeply relieved that Stephanie Land moved herself and her daughter from destitution. It proves that perseverance does not cease to exist as a virtue. Stephanie's candor refreshed me. It also led me to recoil when she left her Section 8 apartment to move in with Travis. I think she may have developed a false sense of power. On page 106, she requests that he "take out the trash." This is a home she made no financial contribution towards. Growing up, I always heard that whoever had the money had the power. Stephanie either didn't receive that lesson or became dismissive of it. Nonetheless, her situation degraded into misery.

It is a blessing to know that her life has brightened.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment