Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Piecing Me Together by Renee Watson

 


** spoiler alert ** Piecing Me Together was released two weeks before The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. It definitely got overshadowed by the latter. I hadn't become aware of Piecing Me Together until reading multiple entries on a forum I frequent. This book is sweet and presents a protagonist who has an agreeable nature. (The rage stirred by Black Lives Matter no doubt pulled more readers towards The Hate U Give.) No one dies in this book. I think many people, at the time both books were released, wanted something heavy-hitting.

I enjoyed Piecing Me Together. I am grateful that the author presents change occurring in a peaceful manner. It's a gentle story. I need a story like that sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment