Wednesday, September 16, 2020

A Love Supreme: Real-Life Stories of Black Love by TaRessa & Calvin Stovall



A Love Supreme: Real Life Stories of Black Love by TaRessa & Calvin Stovall

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A keeper!! I think several members of our community will feel included because not everyone professes Christianity. I appreciate the African principles featured in each chapter. The principle of Sankofa moved me deeply. Sankofa stands as "the symbol of the wisdom of learning from the past to build for the future. Sankofa is a constant reminder that past experience must be a guide for the future, to learn from or build on the past (Stovall 13)." 


On a somber note, I am aware that two of the couples have since divorced: Jesse Jackson, Jr. and Sandra Stevens, followed by Ayedemi Bandele and Iyanla Vanzant. If these people choose to re-enter marriage, I pray that they choose a devoted mate with clarity, respect, fidelity and the mutual bonds of love, joy, and peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment