Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Amy Winehouse: A Family Portrait by Elizabeth Selby

 



I saw Amy Winehouse: A Family Portrait at the Contemporary Jewish Museum in San Francisco in 2015 for my 30th birthday. My mother and I went to San Francisco as a wonderful getaway. (I wanted to stay in San Francisco much longer.) We were walking around Chinatown when I noticed an advertisement on the SFMTA bus for the Amy exhibit.
"Ooh, Mom! Amy Winehouse is at the Contemporary Jewish Museum!"
"You want to go?"
"YESSSSS!!!!!"

We went that afternoon. I still feel blessed that we went. My mother had held a dismal opinion of Amy. When we left the exhibit, she had become admiring of her. She hadn't believed me when I told her Amy had once been incredibly beautiful. Amy was still sexy and pretty during and post-Back to Black. Except for that period when she was ravishing the drugs. Nonetheless, I adore Amy Jade!!!


rating: 5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment