Saturday, September 19, 2020

The Solitary Vice: Against Reading by Mikita Brottman


The Solitary Vice: Against Reading by Mikita Brottman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Mikita Brottman doesn't dispute the potential to receive enrichment by reading. Rather, she pushes the reader to consider that reading may have less influence over the masses than the power we give to it. I would have considered this author to be a kindred spirit until I learned that she loves the macabre. I shun those topics. Also, her love of books exceeded to the point where she didn't want to explore the gorgeous outdoors. In her adolescence, she frequented a local cemetery. Gratefully, I didn't lose my yearning to venture brightly outside. Anyone who loves to read books about books ought to read this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment