Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Mister Gumbo: Down and Dirty with Black Men on Life, Sex, and Relationships

Mister Gumbo: Down and Dirty with Black Men on Life, Sex, and Relationships by Ursula Inga Kindred & Mirranda Guerin-Williams







My rating: 5 out of 5 stars


** spoiler alert ** I loved this book but I have one issue. In the first entry for the fifth chapter called 'Marriage', a man named Terrence grants his opinion. Terrence appears again in the thirteenth chapter called 'Self-Image'. How is it that Terrence wasn't included in the first chapter? The first chapter is called 'Past'. 'Past' is where the authors introduced the men interviewed for this book. I enjoyed being able to turn back and read the primary details of each man in order to understand him better. I wish an explanation had been given as to why Terrence didn't present any early life details.

Still an awesome book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment