Monday, January 13, 2020

Conversate Is Not a Word: Getting Away from GhettoConversate Is Not a Word: Getting Away from Ghetto by Jam Donaldson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Written in a conversational style, Jam Donaldson targets the privileged and disadvantaged members of the black community. She doesn't claim that the black community disregard the inner city. Quite the opposite. We must remember that brilliance has emerged from the plebeian segment of society. Yet, we must discipline ourselves in every facet of our lives to heal our curses. The white man will not save us, we can only save ourselves if we plant love for ourselves and our brethren.

This book had been on my wishlist for at least five years. In the winter of 2019, I bought a copy from thriftbooks.com. I expected it to be longer. She finished the book at a respectable length. The desired audience wouldn't complete it if it exceeded 200 pages.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment