Saturday, May 25, 2019

Kid Gloves: Nine Months of Careful ChaosKid Gloves: Nine Months of Careful Chaos by Lucy Knisley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What would've been a dull Saturday morphed into an elated day reading this delight. I laughed at Lucy's candor about her discomfort during the pregnancy. (Those drawings with greenface and the facial expressions from her and John after witnessing their colicky niece--something to think about, folks!) I have mixed feelings about motherhood. I am at zero risk for it to happen in this stage of my life but I don't relish repeated agony as many women endure. But that's the key word--endure. Plus, Lucy chose a wonderful, supportive man for a husband and that provides much hope. I think Lucy and John would still have a loving union even if they had remained child-free. But it's heartening to know the love deepened once their son entered the world.

That's something to aspire to.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment