Sunday, March 3, 2019

Dear America by Jose Antonio Vargas

Dear America: Notes of an Undocumented CitizenDear America: Notes of an Undocumented Citizen by Jose Antonio Vargas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My teacher arranged for us to read this book. It stretched my empathy. I feel that the first half of the book has greater clarity. Once he gets in the Obama presidency, his rationale gets murkier. I am aware that he got his first driver's license from Oregon. I was always told when there's a will, there's a way. Absolutely no recourse to getting citizenship? I don't understand how undocumented people pay taxes but don't have citizenship. That makes no sense to me. I think if you pay taxes and are obeying the law, you ought to be granted citizenship. I wouldn't desire to exist in the purgatory that Jose Antonio Vargas dwells or anyone else. He's being cheated of a enriched life.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment