Sunday, March 19, 2017

Adams and Weston

In the near future, I am reading biographies of Ansel Adams and Edward Weston. Mesmerizing artistry.

You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.~ Ansel Adams

Not everybody trusts paintings but everyone trusts photographs.~ Ansel Adams

Life is your art. An open, aware heart is your camera. A oneness with your world is your film. Your bright eyes and easy smile is your museum. ~ Ansel Adams

Photography to the amateur is recreation, to the professional it is work, and hard work, too, no matter how pleasurable it may be.~ Edward Weston

I was extravagant in the matter of cameras- anything photographic- I had to have the best. But that was to further my work. In most things I have along with the plainest- or without.~ Edward Weston

Anything that excites me for any reason, I will photograph; not searching for unusual subject matter, but making the commonplace unusual.~ Edward Weston




No comments:

Post a Comment