Monday, September 7, 2015

Friday Night at the Fair!

I went to the LA County Fair on September 4, 2015 to see Chaka Khan and Patti LaBelle. They performed in that order. Chaka was less animated than the performances of days past but her voice sounded excellent.She performed much of her Rufus catalogue, maybe two songs from her solo days. She closed her set with "Ain't Nobody". The entire crowd rejoiced! I stayed on my feet during her time. Patti LaBelle had some sort of throat problem that became evident when she spoke. She could still manage some high notes, though. She chose to sing mostly slow songs. "I Got a New Attitude" was the only uptempo song she delivered. It was sweet at the end. She elected to arrange an " In Loving Memory" segment. Just about everyone important in singing of the last 45 years had their picture displayed. Minnie Riperton, who died in 1979, was included. My girl, Amy Winehouse, was included. After the celebrities were finished, she showed her relatives who had died. I remember reading in Ebony about how she decided to get healthy because all of her sisters succumbed to illness at early ages. I am very pleased that I was blessed to see Chaka and Patti.

No comments:

Post a Comment