Friday, April 9, 2010

According to Your Standard


Just a few minutes ago, I decided to Google sexually liberated women. The writer of another blog referenced a British poll that stated that 90% of British women think that 'women have one-night stands are desperate, mannish and even more severe, immoral.' ( I use this statistic because an American one was momentarily unreachable.) I can understand desperate but immoral? Let's not play God, people.I believe that an individual's lifestyle can be only evaluated according to their standards. That was my first disturbance. What I found the saddest is that there is a low visibility of publications that celebrate sexual liberation of women.(Unless you consider Cosmopolitan or Glamour to be viable sources.) Is there no deliverance? It is truly a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. For me, I believe that I have enough attractiveness to stay away from unworthy men and enough sense to decipher between a worthwhile man and a cheap bastard. I also feel that behaving in a masculine fashion can get a woman in a difficult place to get out from. In no period of my life so far have I ever felt the desire to be a member of the opposite sex. Sure, I occasionally resent the freedoms men seem to preserve as birthrights but do I want to be a man. NO!! I love men immensely but it would be grotesque for me to act like one.

Ladies and gentlemen, what are your thoughts in these matters?

No comments:

Post a Comment